Monday 25 June 2012

Blogger Sunshine Awards


I was delighted to be nominated for the Blogger Sunshine Award, given to bloggers 'who positively and creatively inspire others'  by  Mick of  Down by the Dougie , a blog I regularly follow. Thank you Mick.




There are a few rules recipients have to follow:

The Rules:

1. Link back your post to the blogger who nominated you

2. Answer 10 questions

3. Nominate your favourite bloggers who you feel best fit the category. Link them to their pages so that they know they have been nominated.


The questions:

1.  What is your favourite colour? I like all colours (with the exception of brown which I am not very keen on) depending on the context and what it is the colour of. For instance, I like blue flowers in the garden, white interiors, blue and white china, white ceramics, lime green accessories and gadgets, black clothes. Grey is very stylish.

2.  What is your favourite animal? I am not an animal person. Wolves and foxes fascinate me though - wild and independent.

3.  What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink?  Water

4.  Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter?  I am not into social network sites but I am on Facebook even though I rarely post on it.

5.  What is your passion?  My passions change with time. The biggest, most prevailing passion in my life has been being involved in alternative politics, and particularly feminist politics. At the moment I am passionate about art. I was quite passionate about making ceramics until I became allergic to clay dust/glazes and had to give that up - a great loss.

6.  What is your favourite pattern? The pattern that wind and light make on the surface of the sea.

7.  Do you prefer giving or receiving presents? Both, as each has its own pleasures and rewards.

8.  What is your favourite number? 42

9.  What is your favourite day of the week? Any day now that I am not working. When I was teaching I was very passionate about my work and loved it, but teaching in an inner-city comprehensive is exhausting, so Saturdays and Sundays were the favourites because I could rest, relax and of course, have fun.

10. What is your favourite flower? Orchids and tulips. Iris are increasingly becoming great favourites.



The blogs I  nominate:

STILL

Alimos online  

kathy dalwood studio blog

otchipotchi


I also follow the two below - I am not sure if they exactly fit into the category, but I wanted to give them a mention:

ROAR

Yatzer


Two of the blogs I follow on a regular basis are private, only for family and friends, so can't give the link, but would just like to say: great blogs, Avril and Julie. The reading group I belong to also has a blog, but that one is private too.






1 comment: