Friday 15 July 2016

Flowers

 

It had been a while since I last visited Antonello so when I finally did last week it was a real delight, as always




The main window




View of the window from inside




detail




the smaller window





on the floor






the main display as you walk in




this part of the shop is always dedicated to orchids




they must have found these in a junk shop - I am sure that at some stage they'll make good use of them




right at the back




detail




detail.


 

2 comments:

  1. The elegance here reminds me that I went into Sarah Horne's last week to ask for some blue florist's ribbon that I wanted to make some decorations for the blue party here. The woman behind the counter looked at me with scorn, "Florist ribbon, you mean the synthetic ribbon...oh no, we don't use THAT here." Pointing to the elegant piles of raffia behind her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very hoity toity: they are a bit odd in that shop though, sometimes very polite and at others like the reaction you got. I hope you found your ribbon. In the old days, Woodwards fulfilled all such needs.

      Delete